- Silver Soldering
- Make chain maille and other types of chains
- Bezel set stones
- Braid silver
- Make a ring, no make that rings of several different types
- Alloy and cast my own ingots
- Use a rolling mill; make wire, sheet and do roller printing.
- Use a hydraulic press
- Basic fold forming
- Basic Chasing & Repousse
- Sink a bowl
- Raise metal (I did this last week, way cool)
- NOT to rush with my work
- Take notes and pictures
- Be happy when it fails and be happier when it succeeds
- Purchase metal when the price is low, save all your scrap and dust and recast these scraps when the price is high.
- Be thankful to my husband for being so supportive when I spend money to do all of this!
Over this year I have learned the following:
Laurie lives in so. California with Erich a.k.a. the "e-man"- her hubby of 30 years and Boots the cat; her metals studio including 100+ hammers and 300+ chasing tools; two sewing machines, a closet filled with fabric and Mrs. King the dress dummy; two weaving looms, assorted knitting needles, tubs of yarn; lots of books; plus a plethora of geeky tech gadgets and more.