Then there is the ghost of my mother who would start packing for a vacation over a month in advance so why not start now??
I started with a list of groupings and then started adding everything I could think of but this will be trimmed as I go as I do a test pack:
- Clothing Kit (trail): rain gear, gloves, extra socks, long/short sleeve shirt, long/short pant, hat, bandana, fleece pull over
- Electronic Kit (trail): Camera for stills and video, Mobile phone for calls and GPS, mini-tripod, power pack with solar charge
- Electronic Kit (b&B): power adapters, power cubes, usb cables, laptop, card reader
- Food Kit (trail): water bottle(s) collapsible cup, spork, snacks, small thermos for hot water, coffee/tea, cup o'soup, etc.
- Misc Kit (trail): pack, sit pad, maps, etc, head lamp, reflective harness for road walking, binoculars, walking poles, midge net, multi-tool, COVID mask, etc.
- First Aid Kit (trail) : emergency contact information, band aids, butterfly bandages, ace bandage, pain pills, anti-chafe, midge repellent, etc.
- Hygiene Kit (trail): TP, trowel, hand sanitizer, other wipes, etc
- Town Kit (b&b) : clothing for sleeping, extra clothing for the trail, going to dinner and off-trail shoes, toiletry kit, etc.
Now to start purchasing and refining.
Then I also have to pack the stuff I need for visiting Mike & Elisa!
As you can see in the picture, some items I have gotten and are in a pile.