Note: Erich was born at the end of the Great Depression and grew up during WWII so I am going with that as the reason why.
Back in late October 2022 I started to do a full house cleaning; we had been here 5+ years and I knew there was lots of stuff that we really didn't use or need despite having done a major purge for month before the move.
By New Years I had done all the big rooms - living, dining, kitchen, bedrooms, family and it was time to move onto the pantry, hall closets, the loom room, my studio and the shop elf's workshop.
Then IT happened and everything ground to a halt. In between all the arrangements I am slowly addressing the OTHER stuff that has to be done like TAXES, grocery shopping, laundry, dishes, gassing the car, cleaning the litter box, getting the mail; it is amazing all the stuff he did for US, around the house.
Plus I have to change account names, cancel services and credit cards, etc.
In-between that I will occasionally look in his desk, closet, the pantry, or workshop and here are the things I have found that has stocked up on: (I know there will be more)
- Nicorette Gum (Coleman Ice Chest Full!!)
- Pasta (Coleman Ice Chest Full!!)
- Rice and Beans (Coleman Ice Chest Full!!)
- Batteries (Coleman Ice Chest Full!!)
- Paper goods like TP and towels
- Plastic bags of all shapes and sizes
- Water - bottled and a Jerry Can
- Protein Shakes
- Protein Powders
- Vitamins and Mineral Supplements
- Geiger Counters - yes we have THREE
- LED Flashlights
- Other emergency lamp/lights
- Propane Tanks (I can use this up in the studio)
- Electronic Components: Resisters, Capacitors, etc..
- Glad ware (disposable plastic tubs)
- Permanent Markers
- Light Bulbs
- First Aid Items - band aides, gauze pads, tape, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, iodine tablets, Neosporin, old antibiotics cause you never know!
- Other Bathroom items - bars of soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, disposable razors, Mucinex, and more.
I have now found a hoard of
- Magnifying glasses and loops
- Post-It notes
- Solar calculators
- Pentel Rolling Ball pens - red and black
- Push Pins
I might not have to buy these things for months if not YEARS!!