Most times when we (Erich and I) send care packages across the pond, we are sending it to Mike & Elisa who, if you don't know already, live in the northern end of Scotland.
What do I usually send them?
Well items like:
- Japanese cooking ingredients
- Electronics that cost twice as much over there even before VAT
- Certain herbals that she can't get or require a prescription such as melatonin which requires one in the U.K., go figure
But this time the care package is going to Albania, for my sister Suzie. BTW, She now goes by Sue but to me she is and always will be Suzie!. Why is she there? Well she is following a long held dream of working with the Peace Corp and so almost two years ago she started the application process and she is now in Albania.
What is in this care package?
- Dried Cranberries, Blueberries and Apricots
- Peanut Butter
- Some silicone baking items
- Ranch Dressing mix
- Herbal Fruit Teas
- some family baking recipes
- and a few other bonus items
She does not write on her blog every week but so far the posts have been really informative and in some ways funny. Here is a link if you want to read about it.