I started to get really worried and of course, that did not help things. I got really freaked out.
I knew that this time, I HAD TO DO SOMETHING.
So I set out on a plan to get it all under control
- I now get 8 or more hours of sleep a night.
- I am taking walks at least 3 days a week for 30 minutes or more. With time I will increase the number of days and the length of the walk.
- I switched my days I work out of the house so I have two of the together, in the middle of the week.
- I am also changing my eating in hopes of loosing more weight (yeah, I still have not lost all the weight from when I had thyroid cancer)
- Slow down (i.e. more sleep) and relax more and not worry or STRESS as much.
- I got a FitBit HR so I can track my HR and see if there is a correlation between stress, HR and the pain. The HR also tracks my sleep and exercise.
- I bought a portable Quadrio Blood Pressure monitor that syncs to my phone to track my BP, and again to see if there is a correlation between stress, BR and the pain. Well this is a given but I also want to see how my sleep, exercise and HR correlates to my BP.
- And I cleared part of my metal work schedule which I wrote about here. Unfortunately when I did this, some of the people I notified got rather nasty about it, which if you think about it really caused MORE stress. Time to move on.
- Remove toxic people and situations from my life.
I have had the FitBit HR on my wrist for just over two weeks. I like the interface on my phone and via the browser on my computer and seeing my stats is great feedback. I have been using the BP monitor for a week and it is very easy to use and again the UI on the phone is good.
So how's it going.
I am seeing that the nights I get 9 hours of sleep is when my BP has been the lowest first thing in the morning. The days where I have had little shots of pain - yup my BP is well above normal but not in the danger zone, and my HR is very elevated as well. I am enjoying my walks at lunch AND I have lost 5 pounds.
My goal is to loose a total of 20 pound but right now loosing 10 is what I am aiming for. I am also hoping that with time and IF the pains go away, I can get off the BP meds the cardiologist prescribed. Hey, if I can't well at least I will be better off health-wise.