I only made 1 Temari for my certification because several that I made during the course work were good enough that they qualified for submission.
So what does the submission require?
I have to submit a single Temari in each of the following 4 categories
- Shikaku (Masu) - Square stitched on a simple 4 marking with 6 god's eyes.
- Mitsubane Kikkou - Triwing stitched on a simple 6 marking with a hexagon center.
- Jyouge Douji - Merry Go Round stitched on a simple 8 marking.
- Uwagake Kiku - Crysthanimum stitched on a simple 12 marking.
Once the temari are made, then you have to prepare the photos for submission
- The photos have to be cropped with a clean background.
- In good light.
- Minimal shadows.
- Each image to be saved in a Word or PDF document with your name and category.
Here are the 4 temari I am submitting; these are NOT the pictures that will be sent to the JTA as I have still have to take them.
After I prepare the images I then fill out the form, send in my money and in the spring everything is sent to the JTA for evaluation; and I wait until next summer when the results are sent back