This kit consists of:
- Camera, Memory Cards, and Batteries: For a camera I will be using a Sony RX100 digital camera that belongs to Elisa; I will use this to take pictures, including macros of flowers and insects and video of the journey to post along the way. I have 2 extra memory cards and 2 rechargeable batteries. Plus the USB charging cable.
- Mobile Phone: I have a Motorola Razr, not only will I use it for GPS but to take some pictures and to make calls. I use AT&T and they have an add on plan so I call the USA or UK without massive roaming charges. Even though I can take video with my phone it will fill the storage and so I won't. Then I have a USB-C charging cable for this.
- Ear Buds: so I can listen to music, of course OR talk to the shop elf and Elisa.
- Battery Bank: This is a massive rechargeable battery that can be used to charge your electronics. The one I have also has a solar panel so it could be used to charge while on the trail but it's slow, it is the Patriot brand with a LED light that can also flash for emergency signaling. The battery can charge your electronics via standard USB or USB-C which is what my mobile phone has. Yes, this is another thing the shop elf has a few of.
- Laptop: I have a Dell Inspiron that can convert into a tablet. This will allow me to off-load the video from the camera card; write longer emails, write blog posts, etc. This uses a USB to wall plug.
- Wall Adapters: I have 2 USA to UK but one both a USB and a USB-C ports so I can use the regular adapter to charge the laptop and then use the other one to charge the phone (USB-C) , the Camera (USB), or Battery Bank (USB or USB-C).